My husband misplaced his expired passport with his visa...we want to travel and he has a new passport but no visa to show what do we do...our visa is expired..he has none to show.help

closed as unclear what you're asking by Jim MacKenzie, Giorgio, user 56513, Michael Hampton, brhans Jul 23 '18 at 21:04

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • More information will be required, including your husband's citizenship and to where you want to travel, and the nature of the visa. – Jim MacKenzie Jul 23 '18 at 20:06
  • 2
    It's not clear to me why you're concerned about an expired passport with an expired visa in it. Neither of these things are useful. You need an unexpired passport and an unexpired visa. – brhans Jul 23 '18 at 20:14
  • You don't say which country, but if you wanted to argue that they gave you a visa before, so they should give you a visa again, then most countries will be keeping track and know that you had a visa. – gnasher729 Jul 23 '18 at 20:42
  • Are you asking how to find the passport number for inclusion in a new/current visa application? – Giorgio Jul 23 '18 at 20:59
  • 1
    @brhans I agree. I would vote to reopen the question if it were edited to explain why the expired visa or expired passport is thought to be needed. As it is, I would leave the question closed. – phoog Jul 23 '18 at 22:03

Although you don't say which country you are from, or where you want to travel to, the procedures are pretty much the same whatever the answer.

  1. Apply for a new passport
  2. When you receive it apply for a new visa.
  3. When you receive the new visa use it to travel.

If by some chance you are in a country without a valid visa for it, then still apply for a new passport through your country's embassy, and then leave back to your home country and apply for a new visa there.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.