I lost my passport. I filed a first information report (FIR). I have already gotten a new passport. The lost passport had a visa for 3 months family visit which was recently issued. The visa will expire in October. I have a copy of the visa. Original hard copy of the visa is with my husband.

I want to know if I can travel on the same visa which was in the lost passport. Do I need to get a new visa because it will be registered with a different passport?

closed as unclear what you're asking by brhans, user67108, Giorgio, Newton, Ali Awan Jul 17 '18 at 3:52

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    This run-on sentence wall of text really needs to be cleaned up to be less difficult to read. – brhans Jul 16 '18 at 17:55
  • 3
    Try again, in English, without dubious abbreviations and acronyms... – user67108 Jul 16 '18 at 18:04
  • 3
    @brhans I agree. Ramya: in addition, some words cannot be understood. Perhaps they are abbreviations, or perhaps they are mistyped. Can you edit the question to clarify? I'm particularly speaking of fir, psk, and ias. Also, the phrase "passport is empty visa copy" does not make sense. – phoog Jul 16 '18 at 18:04
  • 1
    What country issued the visa? – phoog Jul 16 '18 at 18:13
  • @ramya I assumed that your passpart is from India based on FIR and MSK usage. Please update the question if I made a mistake. – mkennedy Jul 16 '18 at 18:50

Having replaced your lost passport with a new passport, you will need to apply for a new visa. A copy of a visa does not suffice.

There may be some country somewhere that is an exception to this, but since you have not said which country issued the visa, it is impossible to investigate whether it would apply in your case. I am certain, however, that the above is correct for the US, the UK, and the Schengen area.

  • hi its for muscut – ramya Aug 8 '18 at 17:43
  • @Ramya "muscut" is not the name of a country in English. – phoog Aug 8 '18 at 17:45
  • i am having family visit visa for oman recently issued and valid til oct. but i lost the passport and reissued got new passport can i travel to same visa which is mentioned old passport no. – ramya Aug 8 '18 at 17:47

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.