In December I want to visit the UK. I'm from Kosovo, but I have a German wife. We both want to go in December. I have a "Aufenthaltstitel" (Residence Permit) for 2 years, do I need a visa to go the UK?

I will appreciate it for your help.


If your residence permit says "Aufenthaltskarte für Familienangehörige eines Unionsbürgers" then you can travel without a visa as long as your wife accompanies you or is already in the UK when you enter.

Otherwise, you should apply for an EEA family permit. This also has the condition that your wife accompany you or precede you to the UK.

To visit the UK without your wife, for most purposes, you would need a standard visitor visa.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.