I am a Pakistani citizen. I have a Schengen visa. Can I travel to New York from London or do I require any other document or visa to travel?

  • 1
    A Schengen visa will not get you into the US. What nationality do you hold? – Zach Lipton Jul 4 '18 at 2:41
  • 1
    Without knowing your citizenship, how could we answer? – user67108 Jul 4 '18 at 2:42
  • @ZachLipton I am a Pakistani citizen – Muhammad Tahseen ur Rehman Jul 4 '18 at 2:47
  • 2
    Your Schengen visa won't get you into the UK either, so if you're going to London first you'll also need a UK visitor visa for that, as well as a US visa to continue on to the USA. However, if you're only going to transit in London, and don't have to pass through border control, and you get a US visa, that is sufficient. See travel.stackexchange.com/questions/34106/… – Nate Eldredge Jul 4 '18 at 3:39

You require a US visitor visa (tourist visa) if you want to travel to New York from London, because a Schengen visa will not get you into the US.

  • 5
    With just a Schengen visa OP can’t even get to London. – Hanky Panky Jul 4 '18 at 4:52

As a Pakistani citizen, you will require a US visitor visa to enter the United States. A Schengen visa is not sufficient.

  • Will need a UK visa too unless OP is transiting and that still depends what Schengen visa OP has – BritishSam Jul 4 '18 at 14:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.