I am applying for a B1/B2 visa. I want to take my kids along on the trip to the USA? Can Iadd them as dependents on my visa application and is there a separate fee for dependents?


No, you can't. Everyone applies on a separate application form and pays the fee separately.

If several members of a family or group apply for a U.S. visa, a separate DS-160 form is required for each applicant, independent of age. Applicants have two options:

  • Fill out a new DS-160 form for each applicant; or
  • Fill out an initial DS-160 form and follow the instructions on the “thank you” page at the end of the form for creating a family or group application.

When you select this option, certain information from the initial application, such as destination, will automatically be imported to and displayed on a new application. Please note that if you use this option you must still create an individual application for each family member or for each individual within the group.

Source: usembassy.gov

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.