What is the fastest way of obtaining a tourist visa for Canada as a Bangladeshi resident? I am a 41-year-old single woman. My religion is Hindu.
The Government of Canada does not offer an expedited visa process, but does have easily accessed online tools.
Make sure you need a visa to visit Canada
Before you apply, find out which entry document you need to visit Canada. This could be a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization. The entry document you need depends on:
- the type of travel document you plan to travel with
- the country that issued your travel document your nationality
- your method of travel to Canada for this trip
What is a temporary resident visa / visitor visa? A temporary resident / visitor visa is an official document stamped in your passport. It shows that you meet the requirements needed to travel to Canada. Most travelers require a visitor visa to travel to Canada. You may also need a visa if you are transiting through a Canadian airport on your way to your final destination.
Basic travel requirements
You must meet some basic requirements to travel to Canada. You must:
- have a valid travel document, like a passport
- be in good health
- have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country
- convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- have enough money for your stay.
The amount of money you will need depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives.
We plan to expand our fingerprint and photo requirements
Starting July 31, 2018, you may need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) when you apply for a visitor visa if you are from Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
Find out if these changes may apply to you.