I am flying from Berlin to Zürich and continuing my travel by train. I am considering booking a fixed-connection train ticket, which is available for a train departing 1 hour 3 min after landing.
I have never been to Zürich Airport and don't know how large it is or how easy it is to reach the train station. So I have trouble calculating if there is a reasonable chance that I catch the train. What would be a rough estimate of the expected time needed to reach the train station, under following factors:
- assume that the flight arrives roughly on time
- I am an EU citizen, so shouldn't need to pass too many control points
- I don't have checked luggage on that flight
- I am flying with Swiss (do they get preferred slots close to the terminal, so the passengers don't need to wait for the bus?)
- I have a cheap ticket, so won't be able to leave the plane early
- I can sustain a brisk walking speed
- assume that nothing out of the ordinary happens (e.g. security pulling me out for questioning)
If some other factor creates multiple expected times, I'll also be happy with an answer like "it's about 30 minutes if you land at Terminal 1, but takes over an hour if you land at Terminal 2", or whatever other (frequently encountered) condition can cause a significant difference.