I just turned 18 this year and I have received news from different sources that it is difficult for an 18-year-old and above person to get a UK visa just to spend the holidays because the consulate would believe that once you are above 18 you might not want to come back, which is not true in my case. I just want to have my holidays in the UK. How do I prove to them that I would come back to my country to continue my studies?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo Jul 14 '18 at 0:57

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    You should prepare all the paper works, bank statements... everything required for a visa application. – Max Jun 12 '18 at 22:52
  • If ur documents are all straight, then u shouldn't worry. Key documents should be details about ur enrollment for studies in your home country, valid return ticket etc. – The Last Word Jun 13 '18 at 2:51
  • Is there a particular reason you want to holiday in the UK? Perhaps related to your planned field of study? – user16259 Jun 13 '18 at 5:59
  • 2
    A 17 year old trying to get a visa to holiday in the uk by themselves would not have it easy. Your sources are misinformed. – nkjt Jun 13 '18 at 6:47
  • 1
    @The Last Word UKVI visit visa guidance specifically states that travel should not be booked before getting the visa decision, so showing a return ticket will not influence the decision (other than indicating that the applicant hasn’t bothered to read or comply with the guidance) assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/… – Traveller Jun 13 '18 at 18:22

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.