I am flying from Zürich to Oman via British airways and it will make a stop in Heathrow airport to change the flight (Arrival & Departure from the same terminal).

I have Swiss Blue Passport (Travel Document) which is issued to Refugees for travel purposes.

Do I need a Transit visa for this short time period of entry in UK or is the Swiss Travel document enough?

  • You may need a Direct Airside Transit Visa if your country of origin is on the linked list. While your question is slightly different, my close vote takes you to a TSE answer and links to the UK widget for the official info. – Giorgio Jun 13 '18 at 13:13

What you have is a Home office travel Document issued by the Swiss govt and as such I do not think you would need a transit visa (reference)

You don’t need a transit visa if you:

are from the European Economic area (EEA) or Switzerland

have an EEA family permit

have a Home Office travel document, for example you’re a refugee or stateless person

have a Standard Visitor visa

have a Marriage Visitor visa

  • Could you summarise the reference in case the link breaks? – user16259 Jun 12 '18 at 19:37
  • When you downvote, its good manners to state the reason for the downvote. I did add a summary as a user suggested to my answer but that is not sufficient ground for a downvote. – The Last Word Jun 12 '18 at 19:41
  • OP may need a Direct Airside Transit Visa, depending on their country of origin. OP would not have a Home office travel document, as it was not issued by the UK Home Office. It would be a Swiss travel document. – Giorgio Jun 13 '18 at 13:07
  • @Giorgio The direct airside transit visa seems to be if he is switching airplanes in the UK. A home office travel document from what i understood is a document issued by the home offices in each country. He has one issued by the Swiss home office. The OP does not plan to leave the airport in any case. – The Last Word Jun 13 '18 at 13:11

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.