I am flying from Zürich to Oman via British airways and it will make a stop in Heathrow airport to change the flight (Arrival & Departure from the same terminal).

I have Swiss Blue Passport (Travel Document) which is issued to Refugees for travel purposes.

Do I need a Transit visa for this short time period of entry in UK or is the Swiss Travel document enough?

  • You may need a Direct Airside Transit Visa if your country of origin is on the linked list. While your question is slightly different, my close vote takes you to a TSE answer and links to the UK widget for the official info.
    – Giorgio
    Jun 13 '18 at 13:13

What you have is a Home office travel Document issued by the Swiss govt and as such I do not think you would need a transit visa (reference)

You don’t need a transit visa if you:

are from the European Economic area (EEA) or Switzerland

have an EEA family permit

have a Home Office travel document, for example you’re a refugee or stateless person

have a Standard Visitor visa

have a Marriage Visitor visa

  • Could you summarise the reference in case the link breaks?
    – user16259
    Jun 12 '18 at 19:37
  • When you downvote, its good manners to state the reason for the downvote. I did add a summary as a user suggested to my answer but that is not sufficient ground for a downvote. Jun 12 '18 at 19:41
  • OP may need a Direct Airside Transit Visa, depending on their country of origin. OP would not have a Home office travel document, as it was not issued by the UK Home Office. It would be a Swiss travel document.
    – Giorgio
    Jun 13 '18 at 13:07
  • @Giorgio The direct airside transit visa seems to be if he is switching airplanes in the UK. A home office travel document from what i understood is a document issued by the home offices in each country. He has one issued by the Swiss home office. The OP does not plan to leave the airport in any case. Jun 13 '18 at 13:11

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.