My boyfriend will be applying for a tourist visa to come visit me in the US for two weeks. He lives in the UK but he's from Poland so not part of the Visa Waiver program. Is a letter from his employer and 3 pay stubs sufficient? What other information should he take?

On the "address you intend to stay," would it be best to be honest and put my home address or a hotel? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Should he mention he is visiting a girlfriend or say that he’s renting a room? Is it necessary to take a bank statement?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo Jul 2 '18 at 5:44

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    always be honest of why you are going so he should mention he is visiting you – BritishSam Jun 12 '18 at 15:22
  • 1
    Is it necessary to take a bank statement? I think you both really need to read up on the documentation requirements for a US visa. Your questions imply you have little knowledge of the process. – user 56513 Jun 12 '18 at 15:59
  • If I knew a lot about the process, I wouldn’t be here in the first place. I have read what is on the website and it is pretty black and white. Which is why I wanted advice and perhaps hear from other that have gone through this process before. It is all very new for me – Blue.Lotus Jun 12 '18 at 17:19
  • 2
    You need to do more reading. You're seeking a visa that does not exist.. There is no such thing as a US "B1 tourist visa". B1 is a business visa. The tourist visa is B2. – Loren Pechtel Jun 13 '18 at 2:57

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.