I have an Italian nationality and came to England in March 2016 where I live and work.

Today, my father arrived in England. He did not need a visa but entered with his residence card of a family member of a union citizen. At Immigration, the officer put a stamp on my father's passport and it shows just the date.

What do we have to do next for him to stay with me? Do we have to apply for a visa or a residence card?

closed as off-topic by DJClayworth, VMAtm, bytebuster, phoog, choster Jun 11 '18 at 22:48

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    Assuming that your father wishes to stay with you and not just visit, please ask this on our Expatriates site, which deals with living and working in another country. – DJClayworth Jun 11 '18 at 20:54
  • If he is he not planning to stay for longer than 3 months then the question belongs here (and the answer is "nothing"); if he wants to stay for longer than 3 months then the question belongs there (and the answer is "you don't have to, but you may want to"). If you ask on Expatriates, you should also mention whether you are hoping to remain in the UK after it leaves the EU. The UK will also re-examine whether your father continues to be dependent on you, so if there's likely to be any question about that, you should discuss the circumstances in your question. – phoog Jun 11 '18 at 22:24