And will it possible to use the Schengen visa to visit Italy etc?

  • 2
    Is SA referring to South Africa, Argentina, or maybe even Sachsen-Altenburg? – RoflcoptrException Jan 9 '13 at 16:03
  • 2
    Once you have a Schengen visa, you can go to all Schengen members. – user141 Jan 9 '13 at 17:01
  • 1
    Where will you apply? in SA or UK? – Nean Der Thal Jan 9 '13 at 19:25
  • 1
    @MarkMayo I was referring to Italian part of the question. You can travel to Italy from Paris, once you obtained a Schengen visa – user141 Jan 11 '13 at 10:23

Short answer: Yes.

I have several friends from South Africa who have either moved to the UK, or who have been just visiting the UK.

They regularly then apply for Schengen visas - multiple entry, especially if they're doing a big trip - like one that includes darting off to Egypt or similar. A multi-entry Schengen visa certainly exists, and you can certainly apply for it from the UK, even if not a British Citizen.

Finally, I believe you specify on the application where you want to go, so mentioning Italy would make that easy, but regardless, you can travel anywhere within the Schengen area once you're inside - there are no borders.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    Just to add, yes you can apply for a visa within the UK and I have seen a lot of people doing that. But you have to have a valid visa within the UK more than 3 months or you need to show that you're intended to go home by showing a flight to your home country. – toy Jan 21 '13 at 17:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.