I am from Iran and I am going to study in Germany in a few months. My boyfriend (Iranian) is also going to start his studies in U.K. I am wondering if it is possible for both of us (or even one of us) to apply for a visitor visa so we can see each other during this time. I really would appreciate any information.

  • Yes, it is possible. Why wouldn't it be? – Neusser May 28 '18 at 12:03
  • Because I thought maybe due to some restrictions on Iranian citizens there would be not easy to get a multiple entry visa to UK. Do you know is it a multiple visa or not? and do you know how long the visa is usually valid for? – Parastoo May 28 '18 at 12:12

A long-term UK Visit visa of 2, 5 or 10 years is available but approval typically requires a strong travel history eg several previous visas for the UK or similar eg Canada, US, Schengen. The UK Standard Visit visa is valid for up to 6 months and is usually multiple entry. https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa so you should be able to use it for eg weekend visits from time to time. Your study visa for Germany should count in your favour.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.