I am a US citizen travling to Venice, Italy with a connecting flight in Canada. Do I need a travel visa or other documentationto pass through Canada?


Your US passport is all you need. No visas or anything are needed for a US citizen to enter Canada for transit or visiting. You don't even need an eTA, which most other nationalities do.


You do not need a Canadian passport, a Canadian visa or an eTA to enter Canada if you are travelling with a valid U.S. passport.

Have a nice trip!

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.