I am Pakistani and got an approved work permit from the Cayman Islands.

I am planning to travel next week but still confused about connecting flights and visa requirements in connecting flight countries like the UK or Canada (Toronto).

Do I need a visa for traveling through these countries?

marked as duplicate by Michael Seifert, Giorgio, mts, David Richerby, Newton May 22 '18 at 16:57

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.


Every country is different. In the UK you would probably need an Direct Airside Transit Visa (https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa), in the US you may need a C1 Transit Visa. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/other-visa-categories/transit.html

It does not only depend on the countries you go through but also on the exact way your flights are booked (single tickets, multiple tickets, layover lengths, etc.)

Trying to get to Georgetown, it's hard to avoid the US or Canada. You could try routing through the Bahamas or Cuba and see if that's easier.

This may be one of the few occasions where a knowledgeable and experienced travel agent would be helpful.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.