I have an American bank account because I was under a student visa working for a US company last year.

Then I came back to France and continued working for this company through a PEO. (i.e. I'm employed in France by a French company and the US company is one of its clients).

I'm going to make a business trip to the U.S. for meetings (under VWP). The US company wants to reimburse my trip expenses directly on my American bank account.

Is that doable?

  • Do your French employers have a company policy on business-related expenses? Eg it’s common for the employer to pay the main expenses of your trip (travel, accommodation) direct, and to reimburse you for your incidental expenses (meals, subsistence etc) in accordance with limits defined in the policy. This works eg to avoid bribery & corruption risks for yourself and your employer that can occur where the level of expenses paid by a client is excessive and could influence business decisions. – Traveller May 17 '18 at 8:35
  • I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it's about company policy rather than travel – user16259 May 17 '18 at 9:09
  • @Traveller The usual way is that I pay for all business-related expenses and then get reimbursed. – blondie May 17 '18 at 9:28
  • 1
    It seems odd to me that a client company would make payments directly to you personally, but not a vwp issue so much as an accounting one. – user16259 May 17 '18 at 9:40
  • 1
    @user16259 the question is whether it is permissible under the terms of the VWP. You seem to know the answer, so why not post an answer instead of voting to close the question? – phoog May 17 '18 at 11:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.