I am a U.S citizen. Do i need a passport and visa when flying from California to Guadalajara. I do not have a passport and I will only be visiting Guadalajara for 4 days on business.


Yes. According to the Mexican Consulate General in San Francisco, as a US citizen you need a passport to enter Mexico:

Effective March 1st 2010, all visitors traveling to Mexico either by air, land or sea are required to present a valid (non-expired) Passport or Travel Document from their country to enter Mexico.

To apply for a passport, you can start by visiting the US State Department's How to Apply for a Passport page.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.