One of the empty pages in my passport has corner that is torn. I have the torn piece as well. I went to apply for a South African visa and was told that that makes the passport damaged and not usable. The problem is I travel to the US in the next three weeks. Is it considered "damaged by the US as well for a torn part of one of the empty pages in the passport? Do I need to apply for a new passport because of this? Please advise.Thank you

  • Your passport is damaged, get a new one. Some official may overlook it, some will reject it. Not worth the risk. Get a new one. – user 56513 May 15 '18 at 10:31

You have been denied a visa once already, because the passport is damaged.
Best not risk more problems. Renew the passport.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.