My girlfriend bought an electric grill from Thailand.

  • Voltage/Frequency - 220v/50Hz
  • Power - 1,300W
  • Current - 6A

I have what I think is a just an adapter (it has all the different plug types) 100-240V - 2.5A max.

So I don't think it can be used. I think I need a step up converter.

Is this what I would need?

  • 1
    No. That one is step-down, you need exactly opposite of that. You need a one that converts 110 from mains to 220 for this device. – Hanky Panky May 12 '18 at 2:56
  • 5
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it's not about traveling. – Ali Awan May 12 '18 at 3:25
  • 2
    Asking about a converter it's always a good idea to say in which country you're going to use the device. – Neusser May 12 '18 at 6:50
  • 1
    Start over and buy a new grill. I am pretty sure you will not find a 1300W 110->220 converter for anywhere near $30 CDN (especially if it also needs to convert the frequency). Keep in mind that 1300W at 110V is 12 amps, and that's also getting close to the maximum current of your circuit breaker. – Nate Eldredge May 12 '18 at 13:13
  • 1
    What country are you wanting to use this grill in? – DJClayworth May 12 '18 at 15:40

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.