My baby is an Indian national and my wife is a Filipina. What is the process needed for my baby to enter the Philippines as a visitor?

  • My baby is on visit visa to Saudi Arabia May 9 '18 at 13:59

Your child is a Filipino citizen.

As such your wife needs to report their birth with the Philippine embassy and get them a Philippine passport.

  • Getting the child a Philippine passport will cause the child to lose Indian citizenship, so it won't be a feasible course of action for many people in this circumstance.
    – phoog
    May 10 '18 at 3:54
  • 1
    @phoog Indian minors can be dual citizens, but have to make a choice within 6 months of turning 18.
    – Crazydre
    May 10 '18 at 4:45
  • They can be dual citizens, but not if they get a passport from their other country of citizenship. That is considered under Indian law to constitute voluntary acquisition of another nationality, even though that logically isn't true, and therefore results in the loss of Indian nationality. See lawsindia.com/Advocate%20Library/Amendments/citizen_ship_rules/….
    – phoog
    May 10 '18 at 5:38
  • @phoog How would Indian authorities know the baby got a Philippine passport?
    – Crazydre
    May 10 '18 at 20:09
  • By wondering how the child got into the Philippines without a visa in the Indian passport.
    – phoog
    May 10 '18 at 20:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.