I'm currently 3years banned for entering in US after overstaying my visa, is it possible to request a visa to come back with a different passport? Would that work?

  • 6
    Are you trying to reenter the USA fraudulently? You would be risking a permanent bar if you try doing so. Bad idea. In this day and age of terrorism and computers linked to databases with terabytes of data, those days of sneaking through are long gone. Commented May 6, 2018 at 19:38

1 Answer 1


Unlikely to work. Your ban is against you and getting a new passport doesn't change who you are. Your name, date of birth and place of birth will still be the same.

Have a look at this similar situation UK: Is a 10 year ban still valid after acquiring new citizenship?

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .