My daughter is 14 and is due to go on a school trip to France in 13 days rom the UK. We just realised that her UK passport is expired. But she also has a valid US passport. Can she use this? And if not, will we be able to get her a UK replacement passport in time?


1 Answer 1


I cannot think of a reason why a US citizen would be unable to travel to France from the UK with a school group using her US passport, even if she is also a British citizen.

To get back into the UK, however, she should bring some evidence of her British citizenship. The expired passport should suffice. See, for example

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .