I have an H1B visa valid for 2 years. I am currently staying and working for the same company that sponsored my visa. I want to visit the US for a 2-week vacation. Can I enter the USA on my H1B visa for vacation?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Michael Hampton, Giorgio, JonathanReez Apr 28 '18 at 5:05

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Wait, your company got you a H1B visa for working for them in the US, you are currently working for them, but you are not currently in the US? – DCTLib Apr 27 '18 at 11:13
  • @DCTLib - So what is the problem ? – DumbCoder Apr 27 '18 at 11:27
  • Can I enter USA on my H1B visa for vacation Possible if you can convince the border agent. But if caught, the border agent decides to call your firm, be prepared for your visa to be cancelled and maybe deported too. – DumbCoder Apr 27 '18 at 11:38
  • 1
    @DumbCoder This was a request for clarification. The OP wrote that he is "staying" at a company. The combination with this question could imply that either by "visit", he means that he will just take 2 weeks off without crossing the US border, or also that he has a H1B visa and is working for the company that helped him getting it abroad. There could be important information from this question missing, hence the question. – DCTLib Apr 27 '18 at 12:50
  • Your question is not clear. Give more details. – user 56513 Apr 27 '18 at 13:29

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.