I am from Asia and I have applied for work permit for Sweden which is approved by Swedish agency. Last week I gave biometrics for UT card and now I am waiting for UT card to be dispatched to me. But mean while I need to travel for some very urgent business meeting. So question is - is there any temp visa I can get while wait for my UT card to arrive. I know UT card only takes few days to arrive but I need to travel ASAP. Thanks in advance.

  • What passport do you hold/what country are you a citizen of? – CGCampbell Apr 26 '18 at 14:30

If you would not require a visa to visit the Schengen Area, then you can fly to Sweden and enter on your passport. In this case, notify Migrationsverket that you've already arrived, so you can collect the residence permit in Sweden.

If you require a visa, however, you're not getting in without your permit, nor will airport check-in staff let you on a plane to Sweden.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.