My flight arrives at Narita and, after a 9 hour layover, I connect to another flight from Haneda airport to my final destination, Kuala Lumpur. Do I need to apply for a visa if I’m going to be transferred from one airport to another?

  • 1
    Please indicate your nationality. – Michael Renper Apr 23 '18 at 17:36

If you require a visa to enter Japan, then you'll need one to switch airports, unless it's an overnight transfer, in which case you can get a 72-hour entry stamp on arrival.

| improve this answer | |
  • Only overnight, but not morning to evening of the same day? – Andrew Lazarus Apr 24 '18 at 0:39
  • @AndrewLazarus Apparently according to TIMATIC. The Japanese Immigration Bureau was very vague to me about this on the phone, and I have no evidence pointing to otherwise (or I would ask my IATA contact to double-check this) – Crazydre Apr 24 '18 at 3:52

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.