I am from the Philippines and I have a C1 US visa. Is that possible for me to visit Canada for a week?


No you need a visa to visit Canada. Only lawful US permanent residents with an alien registration card (Green Card) can visit Canada visa free, no other US visas or statuses are exempt for Filipino citizens.

You can use this tool for more information from Government of Canada's website

  • "Only lawful US permanent residents or people with an alien registration card (Green Card) can visit Canada visa free". That's wildly incorrect. There are quite a few countries get visa-free entry in Canada... – user67108 Apr 23 '18 at 15:06
  • 1
    @dda "no other US visas are exempt" relates to their question – BritishSam Apr 23 '18 at 15:21
  • @dda added extra so its not misconstrued – BritishSam Apr 23 '18 at 15:22
  • The groups "lawful US permanent residents" and "people with an alien registration card (Green Card)" are the same, if you ignore those who have lost their green cards. – phoog Apr 23 '18 at 16:13
  • 1
    @BritishSam the question on the page you linked to says "Are you a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and have an alien registration card (Green Card)?". Note and, not or. (Having a valid green card implies LPR status, of course, so I suspect the wording is a belt-and-suspenders approach to getting the point across.) – phoog Apr 24 '18 at 17:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.