My boyfriend and I have booked a holiday to Mexico. However, he has a Polish passport and I've been unable to find out if he'll need a visa or not. Any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure we are all prepared.

  • Does your boyfriend have a non-expired visa or permanent residence in the UK (or USA, Canada, Japan, Schengen)? – Patricia Shanahan Apr 21 '18 at 13:07
  • He has permanent residence in the UK – poppy elliott Apr 21 '18 at 13:12
  • 4
    @PatriciaShanahan How is this relevant? No EU citizens require a visa. – Crazydre Apr 21 '18 at 18:32
  • @Coke Nobody with UK permanent residence needs a visa. – Patricia Shanahan Apr 21 '18 at 18:54
  • 2
    @PatriciaShanahan A UK permanent residence permit, yes. EU citizens can't get one (unless you count the optional residency sticker issued for evidence purposes, which most people hardly bother to get), beacuse it's not applicable to them – Crazydre Apr 21 '18 at 19:02

Here is the Mexican government's list of countries that don't require a visa for Mexico, when entering as a tourist or other visitor without work permission. It includes Poland ("Polonia").


Per Timatic, the database used by airport check-in staff:

Visa required, except for Nationals of Poland with a normal passport for a maximum stay of 180 days

So no, he does not need a visa, and this is true for all EU/EFTA citizens


He doesn't need a visa when travelling for up to 180 days.

From Polish MFA travel guide (in Polish):

No visa is required for Polish citizens in the case of tourist, private or business stays not exceeding 180 days.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.