I will be travelling to Canada and I have a Canadian visa on my Indian passport. However, I got the visa while I was in Japan (at present I'm in Japan). But I want to go to India before I go to Canada. Can I do it without causing complications, as the Canadian visa was issued by Canadian consulate in Japan? Visa type is study permit.

  • 1
    Why do you think there may be complications? When does your visa expire? Do you intend to return to Japan after your trip? – Traveller Apr 19 '18 at 11:22
  • @Traveller I was wondering if the place of issue as mentioned on Visa holds any importance as to that`s the only place from where one can come to the country of which one holds the visa? – Henry V Apr 20 '18 at 0:03
  • Have you tried asking the Canadian consulate in Japan that issued your visa? – Traveller Apr 22 '18 at 8:51

Canada does not care where you were before you enter Canada, as long as you have the valid visa.

  • 3
    I tried to make this a longer answer, but I really can't think of anything else to say. – DJClayworth Apr 19 '18 at 13:23
  • Thanks a lot. This logically makes sense but can you reference some source - that will be quite helpful @DJClayworth – Henry V Apr 20 '18 at 0:05
  • I don't think Canada has even considered that someone might ask this. – DJClayworth Apr 20 '18 at 1:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.