My partner is a Pakistani national with a Pakistani passport. He holds an indefinite leave to remain in the UK (permanent residence card). Does he need to apply for a Schengen visa before travelling to France or any other Schengen countries with us on holiday?

We have a son and he is the father.

  • @gparyani this has elements of EU family member rights which are not mentioned in the linked question – user16259 Apr 13 '18 at 12:04

The answer to Does the spouse of British national with UK permanent residence need a Schengen visa to travel to France? answers most of your question, except that you wrote "partner" and not "spouse" or "husband". If your partner is not married to you, a family visa is still possible if you can document a durable relationship, but it gets slightly more complicated.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.