I am traveling from Prague to Hong Kong via Munich. It is my first time with transfers and I have no idea about the following.
Transfer PRG (Dolomiti) -> MUN (Lufthansa) -> HK
- Time for transfer (not boarding!) is just 45 minutes. I read some advice (small airport, same terminal, no care of baggage - one ticket), but do I have to pass through security again (I read about transits, but is it also the case in Munich)?
- Is it possible to be on time? (I supposed yes, if company offers the ticket).
- What is your experience with Lufthansa (Economic Basic) and this (or similar) flight?
Transfer HK (Lufthansa) -> MUN (Lufthansa) -> PRG
- Time for transfer is about 6 hours. Could I leave (without baggage) the airport? This relates to the second question:
- Do I have to claim my baggage? Or does it "wait" 6 hours somewhere? If yes, can I reach it?
- Do I have to declare things like a bottle of alcohol, a mobile phone (200€) from HK? How much is it away from reality? It seems to me that everybody has something to declare... (I found the EU limit on alcohol is 1 liter. That couldn't be realistic).
Thank you very much for any answer on above topics although it is clearly simple for others. I have little experience and I have to be prepared.