I am a student and I have an unpaid internship of four months in the United Kingdom and my parents will support me during my stay. I don't have a certificate of sponsorship I only have the contract. I tried applying for Tier 5 Temporary Worker-Government Authorised exchange but the certificate of sponsorship is necessary for that type of Visa. So Can I apply for a Standard Visitor Visa?

closed as off-topic by Giorgio, Jim MacKenzie, Ali Awan, CGCampbell, David Richerby Apr 14 '18 at 10:01

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    @Newton Have you asked the organisation where you’ll be doing the internship for assistance? I’d expect them to be able to help given that they’ve offered you the opportunity – Traveller Apr 12 '18 at 21:53
  • I did, they said that they only give the acceptance letter. – user76311 Apr 12 '18 at 21:56
  • This fits better at our sister site Expatriates since it's contemplating longer-term study or residency, not just tourism or business travel. – Jim MacKenzie Apr 12 '18 at 22:18
  • @Newton This states that interns are not allowed to enter on a visitor visa lexology.com/library/… It also seems that a Certificate of Sponsorship should be given. – Traveller Apr 12 '18 at 22:27
  • can i replace the certificate of sponsorship with the contract? it has my personal details and the hours of work and everything. – user76311 Apr 12 '18 at 22:35

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.