I am an Erasmus scholar in Portugal, for a period of 5 months (one semester). I want my wife to apply for a one-month visit visa in June before I head home in July. We want to go to different places in Europe together as part of our honeymoon. As both categories are possible, I wanted to know which is the preferred one in terms of credibility and practicality?

  • Which both categories do you mean? – Neusser Apr 2 '18 at 6:41
  • @neusser I think asker is talking about a tourist visa versus a family visit visa. I don't know if Portugal or Schengen actually have these categories though. – user16259 Apr 2 '18 at 6:46
  • 1
    Does the Erasmus programme allow you to take 1 month touring when you're only there for 5 months total? – user16259 Apr 2 '18 at 6:47
  • I could not find a "visiting family and friends" category. There is a visa for visiting Wife/Husband of a Portuguese citizen which obviously doesn't apply in this case. – Neusser Apr 2 '18 at 6:51
  • OP has not returned to answer clarifications/questions from comments. Put on hold for now. – Mark Mayo Jul 4 '18 at 2:56