I will be going to Miami (USA), then next day to Colombia and while coming back I will be staying in New York for 3 days. Should I apply for a transit visa or a B1/B2 one?


For the outward bound connection in Miami to Columbia, a C-1 transit visa would suffice. However, for the stopover in New York on your return journey, you would require a US B-2 visa which allows for visit with friends/relatives, vacation, sightsee, etc.

A transit visa (C-1) is not intended for visits, but rather for a continuous journey through the US, including any layovers for a connecting flights.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.