My question is basically asking whether it would be possible, and likely to be granted a visa on 'Sole representative of international business' having previously overstayed a working holiday visa by 1 year. He returned to India on his own accord, at his own expense. Immigration were aware of his over stay and he was reporting in to the station once a week.

He has since gone onto join a news outlet and they are interested in sending him over for relevant material as 'Sole representative of international business'. My question is whether (1) he would even be considered , and (2) the likelihood of being granted a visa.

Many thanks in advance.

closed as off-topic by Michael Hampton, Giorgio, Jim MacKenzie, Ali Awan, David Richerby Mar 27 '18 at 9:47

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.