One year ago, I was refused entry into Singapore and they told me that if I want to enter in the future I will need to apply with a letter to Immigration. I would like to travel to Indonesia and I am going to buy my tickets. The cheapest tickets are all transiting in Singapore.

Could they refuse me transit through Singapore (on the way to Indonesia) and deport me to where I came from? Do they check passports on connecting flights?

  • 1
    Are the connecting flights on the same ticket or on separate tickets? If the latter, do you have cehecked luggage and are you able to do online check-in? If you are on separate tickets and have hold luggage you will have to go through immigration to pick up your bags and check them back in.
    – jcaron
    Mar 22 '18 at 7:52

With Singapore, unlike the US, passengers who transit don't go through customs and immigration, thereby you will be OK to transit, provided you do not leave the airport i.e. go through customs and immigration. The only time they check your passport during transit, is for ID verification alongside your boarding pass.

The safest option is to call your nearest Singapore Embassy/Consulate, and explain your situation as yourself, or alternatively you could contact your airliner.

Furthermore it might be good to have a record on when and who you spoke with at which Singaporean Embassy, should you have any problems while transiting.

  • 3
    @JonathanReez Agrreed, however there is limited information provided by the OP. I don't the intricate details of their refusal, and Singapore's grounds on the OPs blacklisting. If the OP were to call they may provide more information to the embassy, and get a far more accurate response.
    – 3kstc
    Mar 20 '18 at 23:55
  • 4
    Is that in site documents? I think it is extremely unwise for us or anyone to do research on such a high-stakes topic for someone else when they can do it themselves. On the other hand, in this case, might calling the embassy result in Singapore actively looking for the guy to give him a hard time?
    – WGroleau
    Mar 21 '18 at 0:09
  • 2
    Perhaps. I'm willing to do a web search for someone less skilled at it, but I am not willing to tolerate the typical phone mess that bureaucrats like to set up.
    – WGroleau
    Mar 21 '18 at 0:18
  • 1
    @JonathanReez in some cases, the best answer is to tell the asker how to find the answer rather than to provide the answer directly. This is just such a case. As to the comparison with link-only answers, the critical problem with those is that links break. The same is exceedingly unlikely to be true of a country's entire foreign service. If you think a better answer can be had by calling the embassy and posting the result here, then you are welcome to do that.
    – phoog
    Mar 21 '18 at 22:33
  • 5
    @JonathanReez the answer gives as much information as could be hoped for the general case, and the instruction that for the specific case you need to call the consulate. Your dissatisfaction with it is baffling. It's not that the answer can change quickly, but, as noted by others, that the answer may depend on specific circumstances that have not been disclosed.
    – phoog
    Mar 21 '18 at 22:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.