Do I need to get a visa before flying to Peru and Bolivia for one month holiday?

Or can I just get it once I've landed there ?

I'm from Europe (The Netherlands).

1 Answer 1


No for both countries:


With a few exceptions (notably some Asian, African and communist countries), visas are not required for travelers entering Peru. Tourists are permitted a 30- to 90-day stay, which is stamped into their passports and onto a tourist card, called a Tarjeta Andina de Migración (Andean Immigration Card), that you must return upon leaving the country. The actual length of stay is determined by the immigration officer at the point of entry.

Read more: lonelyplanet.com


Citizens of most South American and Western European countries can get a tourist card on entry for stays up to 90 days, depending on the nationality.

Read more: lonelyplanet.com

I had no problem getting 90 days each on the borders.

  • Sorry, I forgot to ask: what about Chile ?
    – aneuryzm
    Commented Mar 7, 2013 at 19:54
  • 1
    No visa required for Chile for EU Citiziens either, as a matter of fact as a Dutch Citizien you don't need any visa in South America, while other Europeans need just one for Surinam Commented Mar 8, 2013 at 17:20

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .