An old couple in my neighborhood are caring for a pair of kids, their grandchildren. Apparently the intent was for them to travel from their birth country, Belize, and stay in China under their care until adulthood. The parents apparently didn't do the paperwork correctly and it seems that they were on a leisure visa with a 4-month window.

Now, it's been a while after that and both their passports and visas are expired.

Is there anything they can do or try?

closed as off-topic by RedGrittyBrick, David Richerby, Newton, Michael Seifert, CGCampbell Mar 1 '18 at 19:40

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    What is the end goal? – Roddy of the Frozen Peas Mar 1 '18 at 5:36
  • 2
    If the goal is still to stay with the grandparents, this belongs on Expatriates Stack Exchange. – o.m. Mar 1 '18 at 6:08

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.