Let's say I arrived on August 25th 2017 in Austria and filed for my residency thing that everyone has to do. Since my work was not able to get me a proper work visa, I was paid but I never got an e-card, they just got me private insurance. On my 89th day I filed with the residency people that I was leaving, but I never left. I left the Schengen area 3x, twice after my 90 days expired (to Romania), and had no issue. I am planning on going home in April. Question 1: Will I be banned from returning? for how long? Question 2: I have always wanted to see Morocco and want to do a trip there before leaving. Is this advisable seeing as I already entered/reentered? Thanks!
closed as off-topic by JonathanReez♦ Jun 14 '18 at 5:29
This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:
- "Questions about immigration or moving for extended periods of time (studies or employment, among others) are off-topic. Our sister site, Expatriates Stack Exchange might be a better place to ask. See also the meta post Is it OK to ask questions about immigration?." – JonathanReez
To summarize, you
- entered Austria the first time illegally (the visa-free possibilites from US to Schengen are limited to certain reasons, getting hired is not one of them).
- Worked illegally (illegal because no permit)
- Worked illegally (illegal because no insurance)
- Worked illegally (illegal because no taxes)
While I can't predict the future, a ban is certainly possible, as are formalized tax debts, fines, and legal actions against your employer.
No, I can't recommend you to rely on being able to enter again.