I have a valid residency in Italy (Permesso di Soggiorno), but it is in paper format.

In this page: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa I see a statement in exemptions such as: a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland

Although I can travel within the Schengen area with it, I don't know if it is "a common format" and therefore valid for transiting UK.

I am a Turkish citizen and I will not leave the airport area during the transit it

The paper looks like this:

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


This document is not valid for visa-free transit - you need a residence permit card (that's what a "common-format" permit currently refers to).

So you will need a visa.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .