My wife and kids are Italian citizens. Can I visit the UK with my stay permit without a visa?

  • No. All other things being equal, your permit will help getting a visa, but it won't replace it. That works only in the Schengen area, which the UK did not join. – o.m. Feb 23 '18 at 6:01
  • 1
    What's your nationality? – user16259 Feb 23 '18 at 6:53
  • @o.m. if the card is an article 10 card, which it might well be, then that's the wrong duplicate and the answer to the question is "maybe" rather than "no." – phoog Feb 23 '18 at 8:43
  • Please upload a copy of your stay permit. – Crazydre Feb 23 '18 at 12:10

No, UK is not in the Schengen area, so you need a visa to enter UK (unless you are from a country which is in the list of countries which don't need a visa to enter UK, check it on https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y)

  • What if the card is an article ten card and the traveler is accompanying or joining his wife? – phoog Feb 23 '18 at 8:45
  • he didn't say that otherwise there should be no doubts... – Val Feb 23 '18 at 9:45

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.