I'm studying in Italy I hold an Italian permit of stay. But my long-stay Italian national visa is for a single entry.

Can I leave and reenter freely in the Schengen space, for example to make a travel to Croatia, using the permit of stay?

My current information is that with the permit of stay I can travel freely outside and return to the Schengen space, but I'm wondering if it is not in contradiction with the number of entries in my visa.


| improve this question | | | | |
  • 1
    permit of stay is Permesso di soggiorno? – M. Dm. Feb 21 '18 at 16:50
  • yes, Permesso di soggiorno – Javier Feb 22 '18 at 9:43

If you with 'permit to stay' mean a regular residence permit, the residence permit replaces your national visa. The residence permit allows you to freely enter and exit the Schengen area with no limit to the number of entries.

| improve this answer | | | | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.