I am Rwandan and I want to go to Swaziland. Do I need a transit visa? I will only spend one hour in South Africa.

  • Presumably this is flying into SA and out again an hour later, not bus/car?
    – Mark Mayo
    Feb 21, 2018 at 3:56

1 Answer 1


According to the IATA Travel Centre:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Passengers transiting through Cape Town (CPT), Durban (DUR), Johannesburg (JNB) or Lanseria (HLA) with a confirmed onward ticket for a flight to a third country. They must stay in the international transit area of the airport and have documents required for the next destination.

Assuming you're transiting in Johannesburg with a connecting flight to Swaziland, this implies that you shouldn't need a visa.

I took a few liberties when entering your details into the calculator since I don't know your travel document details, expiry date, etcetera, so I'd try it out yourself just in case.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .