I am travelling to the USA with KLM and my routing is as follows:


Do I require a Schengen visa (Airport Transit etc)?

My ticket is a single ticket and all connections are within 2 hours.

Please help.

  • 1
    To be perfectly clear: an airport transit visa is not sufficient for this itinerary. – phoog Feb 17 '18 at 20:40
  • Air France (which is a partner of KLM) fly BOM-CDG-ORD; you should try to get re-routed. On the one-stop itinerary, you will not need a Schengen visa assuming you have a valid USA visa (which is obvious). – Andrew Lazarus Feb 18 '18 at 16:49

If you are a visa required national for the Schengen Area, you will need a full Schengen Visa since the flight between CDG to AMS is an intra-Schengen Area flight. You will therefore have to enter the Schengen Area in Paris to catch that flight.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.