What type of visa does a child travelling alone to the UK from Uganda need and how much is the visa.

closed as unclear what you're asking by choster, Willeke, CGCampbell, Ali Awan, David Richerby Feb 17 '18 at 12:39

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 3
    Reason for travel? Age of child? Please edit your question. – Jan Doggen Feb 16 '18 at 16:10

If it's just for a visit they will need a standard visitor visa, which i'm guessing as you are on a travel site. The link below has information for a child travelling along

You can travel to the UK without an adult (someone over the age of 18).

Your parent or guardian will need to provide their:

  • written consent for you to travel to the UK

  • full contact details

They’ll also need to provide proof that you have somewhere suitable to live during your stay in the UK, including:

  • the name and date of birth of the person that you will be staying with an address where you will be living
  • details of your relationship to the person who’ll be looking after you
  • consent in writing so they can look after you during your stay in the UK

link for standard visitor visa for U18

A Standard Visitor visa costs £89

  • 2 years - £337
  • 5 years - £612
  • 10 years - £767

link for costs

If you are applying for a visa for the child to move to the UK you will need a family visa

link for family visas

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.