Which is it- You apply for a schengen visa from the country you entering first or the country you spending the longest time in? And after the age of 70 is it compulsory to have medical & travel insurance no matter where you travel to and/or from? Where can I find more info re schengen visa application when your spouse is a UK resident & you are a South african resident but wish to travel to Europe together. Been reading too much conflicting info.


You have to apply from the country you spend the longest time in. If there are 2 or more countries with the same amount of time, apply from the country you enter first. You need medical insurance.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.