This question already has an answer here:

I am a citizen of Trinidad & Tobago. I am about to book a flight from Port of Spain Trinidad to Aruba connecting in Toronto for 1 hour. Do I need a Canadian visa for this connection?

marked as duplicate by DJClayworth, Danubian Sailor, Ali Awan, Giorgio, Kate Gregory Feb 10 '18 at 2:12

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 3
    A very long detour but we need to know your citizenship to answer. – Itai Feb 9 '18 at 19:15
  • We have to ask why you are taking this long way round. Because border control will probably ask. – DJClayworth Feb 9 '18 at 19:41
  • 1
    @DJClayworth Border control may well ask, but why do we have to know? The question is about transit visas, not sensible routing. – user67901 Feb 9 '18 at 22:00
  • Trinidad and Tobago citizen – Dirk Brendon McLean Feb 9 '18 at 22:31
  • @DJClayworth surely the answer is that a Canadian airline offered an attractive fare. – phoog Feb 10 '18 at 1:37

The Canadian government Immigration & Citizenship web site says you'll need a visa to transit or visit Canada. The same page will take you to instructions on how to apply, too.

  • Why the unexplained downvote? – phoog Feb 10 '18 at 1:38

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.