What is the visa required for a British citizen coming to Australia for 10 days to perform mechanical work? He is employed by a UK firm.

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo Mar 26 '18 at 5:31

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Who pays the visitor? – JoErNanO Feb 8 '18 at 7:45
  • 2
    What sort of mechanical work? Why can't it be done by someone already in Australia? If it requires highly specialised skills/knowledge/experience that can't be found within Australia, then a Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400) would appear the most appropriate. – eggyal Feb 8 '18 at 11:00
  • OP has not returned to clarify, putting on hold as unclear – Mark Mayo Mar 26 '18 at 5:31