I am an Indian national who would be returning from YUL (Montreal), passing through YYZ (Toronto). Flight route: YUL-YYZ-CDG-BOM. Will I need a transit visa to pass through YYZ? Also, I will have a layover of around 2 hours 30 minutes at YYZ. Is it sufficient?

I am traveling internationally for the first time. Sorry if I asked something obvious! Thanks!

  • 1
    To answer your other question: 2h30m is an ample amount of time for a Canada-to-international layover at YYZ. (The worst layovers at YYZ tend to be Canada-to-US or vice versa, and even then I wouldn't worry about a layover of that length.) – Michael Seifert Feb 6 '18 at 14:23

You don't need a transit visa in Toronto, coming from Montréal: you're still in Canada and haven't left the country. So you needn't worry about that.

However, you might need a transit visa in CDG. If your Canadian visa is still valid, you won't, but if it expires when you leave Canada, you'll need a Schengen transit visa.

  • 2
    Our canonical answer that the just-used Canadian visa exempts the OP from the need for an airside transit visa at CDG. (This rule holds only for departures from Canada, US, several other high-economic countries.) travel.stackexchange.com/questions/30569/… – Andrew Lazarus Feb 6 '18 at 19:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.