Can I board a flight from Tijuana to Juarez without a passport and only using a California ID?


You can board a flight in Mexico with just your California ID but you will also need a Mexican Tourist Card (FMM). You can obtain one at the airport by filling out the necessary paperwork or doing it online. The cost is $500 pesos or $24USD. I highly recommend checking https://www.gob.mx/en/index.

Please note you will need to at least know or have access to your passport number to fill out the form for the FMM.

  • 1
    If a US citizen is in Mexico less than seven days, the paperwork is no charge. One one of my exits, they tried to charge me $25 (not $24) for more than seven days because when I entered, the guy put a false date on my card. Also, when I boarded a plane from MEX to NLD, I had the proper papers, but no one asked to see them. – WGroleau Feb 2 '18 at 7:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.